The Post Exchange offers exciting firing range opportunities – indoor and outdoor! You can’t go wrong with either option. Read more and view videos below, or give us a call for more information. Please review our Range Rules and let us know if you have any questions.
Indoor Gun Range
Welcome to Acadiana’s only tactical judgment firearms training center at the Post Exchange. Our indoor range is not a typical ‘paper target’ range. This is a fully immersive training experience. Our motto, “Where Acadiana learns to shoot…better”, is fulfilled in this state-of-the-art training center. You will be immersed in several different real-life scenarios and skill-building drills that will challenge you as a shooter, whatever your skill level. These scenarios will help you discern a shoot vs. no-shoot situation. If you are carrying a firearm for personal protection – this is a PRICELESS experience. It is a mistake to limit your practice to shooting at a piece of paper under optimal conditions. Until your adrenaline is really pumping and your brain is challenged, you will never know how you may respond in a deadly force encounter.
- We will sharpen your situational awareness.
- We will challenge your shooting skills in authentic, high-pressure scenarios.
- Your judgment will be tested.
- It is intense, and you will learn a lot.
- An instructor will be guiding you the entire time.
You will have the option of shooting live fire ammo with your firearm OR our SIRT guns. SIRT guns use a laser pulse to run through scenarios, so your ammo stash stays safely intact.
Your training in the facility includes:
- Two (2) shooting bays: can accommodate up to 4 people total.
- A Range Officer who will coach you and run the scenarios for you.
- SIRT Guns: if you wish to shoot SIRT Laser Guns, they are available at no extra charge.
Book your range time at: https://rangetime.timetap.com/
Post Exchange has an outdoor firing range at our location. It’s not one of those fancy-shmancy, indoor, air-conditioned firing ranges with targets dangling from a retractable string. It’s a tough range. A little on the rugged side. But if you want to work on distance shooting, it definitely gets the job done. The shooting lane accommodates 200 yards distance shooting.
What we lack in air conditioning, we make up for in customer service and instruction. The benefit of shooting at Post Exchange is that you have access to personalized firearm training. Your range time includes marksmanship instruction.
George Fournet is a NRA certified marksmanship instructor. He shot competitively during his time in the U.S. Marine Corp. He still enjoys shooting in monthly competitions today. He has the skill to help every shooter; from the first-time gun range novice to highly proficient.
Range time is $15 per person/per hour and is scheduled by appointment. Call us today to schedule range time with George! 337-519-5428
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- All Federal, state, and local firearm laws must be obeyed.
- Instructor/Range Personnel must be obeyed at all times.
- Always treat every gun as loaded.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Ear & eye protection must be worn at all times!